Friday, September 4, 2009

No clue is my friend.

So this concludes week 1 of teaching health education in romanian in Moldova.  Whenever I mention that I am a teacher of health education, I have to mention that I'm doing so in Romanian, the only living language closest to Latin.  Take that!

Shout out to all the M24's teaching Health Ed.  We're awesome, we know it/show it.

Oh yeah, we didn't have school on Monday, and the first bell ceremony on Tuesday didn't really count.  The first FULL week starts next week.

Oh ma doare capul.  (My head hurts)  It's a good hurt, it's a hurt that let's me know I'm still alive, still kicking.  Doing things I couldn't even imagine I would be doing 2 years ago.

My students.  Wow, what can I say.  I love them, the quite ones, the loud ones, the short ones and tall.  The ones who follow the rules and those who show up 10 minutes late.  Those who try as hard as they can and the students who are apprehensive to let loose.  It's normal, it's life, it's healthy.

I live in a very developed area, my first impressions were, "wow, these people have everything.  What can I do to help? What a horrible and ignorant question to ask.  I'm not here to construct another grocery store, or bar.  I'm not here to put more computers in the lab.  I'm here to be a mentor to these kids who need someone to talk to/hang with.  Something constructive, positive, hence...healthy.

I'm SO excited to be here, and thank whatever powers that have put me here.

Thanks.
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment