Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Am inţeles

Today was the first day of school and oddly enough, I wasn't the least bit nervous.  I mean after all, they're just kids.  My first class was a little difficult to deal with.  Talking out of turn, stuff like that, kids being kids basically.  It wasn't impossible to deal with.  They were positioned in the group-style face to face position.  But I gave them a standardized pre-test.  That worked out in my favor to say the least, I noticed the questions were difficult and my 7th graders had a little trouble answering the questions.  I even didn't know some of the answers, a little difficult to understand how my 5th graders will be able to it.  But, I understand the purpose of the test.  Plus it gives me more time to prepare for the first 10 or so lessons.  I feel comfortable in the language.  I even found my tutor for Romanian which is, oh wow! I can't even explain to you how awesome that is.  If I learned so much in a handful of weeks, who knows what I can accomplish over a year of work with my tutor.  And, she's worked with volunteers before so, she knows what to do. 

Tomorrow, I think I have a handful of classes with the 6th graders.  Who knows what's going to happen there.  Friday is three classes with 5th graders, my little draguţi  I don't know if I got that in the plural form correctly, but the fifth graders are the newbies, I'm looking forward to working with them.  For sure.

That's all for now.  It's time for a cold one, Russian TV, and a long term plan.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment