Monday, September 7, 2009

Everyday is not exactly the same

Today started off fairly ordinary considering my work schedule.  I had my one and only class with my 6th graders whom I haven't met.  Their home-room teacher is my neighbor and we talk on a fairly regular basis. My partner teacher whom I was to teach the lesson with was very busy working in her office assigning books to teachers and students.  She insisted I waited for her when the bell rang for our lesson together.  We ran to our class, but I'm afraid I got into exercise mode and left her in the dust.  Oops. When I arrived maybe 2 minutes before my partner, I improvised a little in front of my students who were just as wide-eyed as I was.  Pretty hilarious, should have been there.  I also surprised to see my host brother's daughter in the class. 

The energy in the room was hard to control because it seemed as if these students were more hyped at the thought of an American in the same room.  They all ended up asking for my autograph by the end of the lesson.  It was very flattering.  And I won't lie, in the midst of it all I felt like a celebrity.

We'll see what surprises tomorrow brings.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment