Sunday, August 30, 2009

Normal is a good thing.














Today was good, or normal, whichever way you want to look at it.  Cleaned up from last night's festivities before Costea woke up.  The look on his face when we went outside expecting a mess and finding it almost spotless was nearly histerical.  Dishes washed, masa cleared, ground swept.

After working on the long term plan for a couple hours, I talked to my sister and a few friends over the internet, then went for a jog.  Been running everyday for about a week.  Feels great, my mood has improved greatly, giving me time to think.  Thinking in a mixture of broken romanian and english is interesting.  Dreaming in romanian is also interesting.

My host parents returned from their trip to Ţiplova.  They visited my host mom's sister there, I understand she's alone there and life is a little difficult for her at times.  Makes me think about my own family and how much I miss them.  It's only been a couple months, and understanding the length of two years makes it hard at times.

I've read the rest of my american literature, a collection of books I borrowed from the Peace Corp's library.  Just in time too, I'll begin working at the highschool starting Tuesday.  A little nervous, but that is normal.  And normal is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment