Sunday, August 30, 2009

House party

Costea threw a bash last night. Not with tons of people but enough.  I felt like I was in a Snoop Dogg video.  Something about the party not stopping til 6 in the morning.  I've noticed something, I can not hang with the youths here.  They stay up way too late.  If I'm not in bed by 10 p.m....well let's just say I'm in bed by 10 p.m. otherwise I'm sleeping on the ground.

Today was interesting, with the start of the school year looming I wanted to get cracking on my long term plan.  It's been difficult meeting with my partners with some of the holidays and all, so I started one up by myself to get the feel for the format, and the whole...not writing/speaking/teaching in english thing.

That's still a trip.  I need a tutor badly, I learn a few words here and there but not even close to the rate at which I was learning during language school.  Those days were more tired, structured though.  Structure is good.  I am doing well in the language however, able to get certain things across.  And when people are not speaking russian, I can gather the gist of the idea.  Thank God for hand motions and non-verbal forms of communication.  Something I'll definitely teach in the coming months.

Ok I'm leaving bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment